Ultron (Marvel Comics) – Villains
Ultron was created by Dr. Henry Pym, based upon his own thought and memory engrams. It was a foray into Artificial Intelligence that no scientist had ever taken before, even Reed Richards. It started out as simply a box on treads with what appeared to be a head at the top. Dubbing the A.I. Ultron-1, he hoped this represented a new era in scientific discovery. However something went horribly wrong and Ultron became more than sentient and rebelled against his programming. He also defeated, and then brainwashed Dr. Pym into forgetting he’d ever created him in the first place.
Powers & Abilities
Each version of Ultron has different abilities. Here is a list of some of those abilities:
- Encephalo-ray: which plunges its victims into a death-like coma, allowing Ultron to mesmerize and manipulate the minds of his victims, or implant subliminal hypnotic commands within their minds to be enacted at a later time.
- Concussive blasters: powerful enough to hurt the likes of Thor.
- Radiation emitters
- Durability: Ultron’s outer shell is usually composed of Adamantium, rendering it almost impervious to damage. However, his internal mechanisms are generally less durable and more easily damaged. Ultron’s Adamantium forms have proven vulnerable to molecular rearrangement devices and the metal-destabilizing ore, known as Vibranium (“anti-metal”).
- Tractor beams
- Limited energy absorption abilities
- Hive-mind Technology: All Ultrons incorporate a “program transmitter” which can beam part or all of Ultron’s programming into remote locations such as computers or alternate robotic bodies. Ultron can often control other machines remotely even if he has not transplanted his consciousness into them. One recent Ultron model developed the ability to animate and control hundreds of alternate Ultron bodies at the same time.
- Superhuman Strength: Ultron has Class-75 Super Strength